Wednesday, November 16, 2011

KID ROCKER AND THE PHANTOMS


It's weird, I have had 3 people in the past week ask me about my days as 'Kid Rocker'.
Well...low and behold someone posted my first 45 record on youtube.
It was 1994, I was on the Rockin' scene in London and me and my good friend Mouse made this single. 'She's The Girl' on the A side & 'I'm On The Prowl' on the B side.
Me on lead guitar & vocals, Mouse on rhythm guitar & backing vocals, Mo Kabir on doghouse bass and Les Curtis on Drums.
I was 14 years old and times were good.

11 comments:

  1. Hey that's not bad !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! I can't believe it! Dean, you have an awesome gift my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember this like it was yesterday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome!
    UK´s Rockers Rules.........
    Tonup boys music. Ace Cafe song.

    Thx....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found the album "I'm on a roll" on Spotify. :-)
    thanks for a awesome blog and magazine.

    / Martin Of Sweden

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! I saw you play at the Rockabilly Rebel Weekend in Fairmount in 1995 or 1996? Good times!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks very much!

    The Fairmount gig was fun...I remember Tim Polecat getting up to do a song and humping the bass player.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, partying around in Hemsby back in '95-96 i remember playing this on our portable record player in the chalets..Think we lost both the record and player at one of the after parties. Great little record man!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember those good old days well!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey! Where could I contact you privately regarding your times as Kid Rocker??

    Please let me know eltororecords@gmail.com

    Best

    Carlos

    ReplyDelete