Sunday, July 8, 2012

Deuce Coupe

I still can't actually believe it...but me and Michael Barragan just got back from a 17 hour road trip to get this old Deuce 5 window Hot Rod. Eugene from Sacramento (pictured) had this in his garage stored since 1975! He found the 100% rust free body in 1967 and within 4 years had built the coupe you see here. Deuce frame with original cross-members, fully chrome front-end, dropped axle, split wishbones and '40 Ford brakes. The Posi 356 Chevy rear end is located by chromed, split wishbones and chromed 1932 rear spring. The 327 is very healthy with .40 over flat top pistons, mallory ignition, hydraulic cam and lifters, Hooker headers and the Edelbrock cross-ram 2x4 intake. The trans is a B&M Hydro-Stick 4 speed. The blue candy lacquer...the diamond stitched interior....Magnesium rear wheels & aluminum fronts...The old decals...it hasn't been touched since. It's a time warp and it's runs and drives and sounds wild with the header caps taken off! In his own words... "I drag raced this car from 1971 to 1975 at the Sacramento Excelsior 1/4 mile drag strip and ran consistent low 12 second passes. I also street raced...I'm kind of a local legend around here...if anyone thought they were fast they would come and find me because I had the fastest car around. I'm glad to say I never got beat! The called us Mean Gene & The Blue Machine."

4 comments: